Sunday, September 04, 2005

Fishin' Story

Went fishing today. Fishing is one of the few outdoor activities I enjoy, and wish I could do more of. Took both the kids and went with my fil and a friend of his. Had a pretty good time, but the boy and girl both drove me a bit crazy.

We did finally get my daughter to handle worms. It took awhile but once she did it she wanted to get everyones worms. She also caught a catfish. My son caught his first fish, jut a little perch, but plenty big for him. He loved it.

After about three hours we called Nikki and she came and got the kids. Then the real fishing started. My father in laws friend caught about 5 decent sized catfish, keepers. My FIL caught a couple keepers, a large mouth bass and a catfish. I caught a couple of catfish.

Now for the fish story. We were sitting on a dock jutting out into the lake we were at and casting out into different parts of the lake. Each of us were getting pretty good bites. All of a sudden I got a very powerful strike on my bait. I started reeling it in and it gave a couple really hard pulls as it was struggling to get off of the hook. Then suddenly it felt like it got away. I kept reeling it in thinking it had gotten off. I noticed that the line was coming towards me faster than I was reeling it. Then it stopped and gave another strong pull. By then it was pretty close to the dock so my FIL's friend knelt on the edge and tried to help me get it in. It surfaced at this time, and I swear, it was a good 2 feet long and I couldn't have gotten both hands around it. It was huge. My FIL's friend reached down to grab it and at that time it did a quick sumersault and snapped my line. Dammit. Oh well, it was a good fight. I think the other two guys were upset more than I was. I'm usually just happy to be out fishing. I could care less if I catch anything. But this would have been nice to have been able to show people.

Gotta Go

Kenny

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

That's awesome, Kenny:):)...I haven't fished in forever:):)...

I caught some crappie and some catfish, but nothing major:):)...

Sounds like the kids had a good time:):)...

Ben

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home