Friday, August 05, 2005

Pro Pain

It seems that for Pro Pain war is a muse. It's been 13 years since Pro Pains first album "Foul Taste Of Freedom" was unleashed on the world. It's been 13 years of exceptional hardcore by this exceptional band. But none of the albums over the past 13 years has been quite as good as that first album.

Until now. With the release of "Prophets Of Doom" they are back in form. Always political, Pro Pain has taken their anger at the current war and the current Bush in the White House and funneled it into possibly the best album of their careers.

From the first drumbeat of 'Neocon' you feel the anger that this album is fueled by. With song titles such as 'Un-American', 'Operation Blood For Oil' and 'Days Of Shame' there is no way you can confuse them with some radio friendly pop punk band. This is hardcore. In your face and on the governments case.

Now, before you label them as just a left wing band whose only goal is to knock conservatives, think again. During Clintons presidency they had songs questioning his ability to lead. Such as the song 'Political Suicide' off their "Contents Under Pressure" album. But, as I said, I think that war is Pro Pains muse.

They take the anger and pain that is war and drive it home musically.

An amazing album by an amazing band. Just what I needed to break me out of my rut.

One last thing though. Pro Pain really needs to tour the US. Come back home guys and don't forget to hit Lawrence, KS on your next US tour.

Gotta Go

Kenny

PS. I'd love the chance to play rythm guitar on 'Foul Taste Of Freedom' with ya. Worth a shot.

2 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

yeah, It can't POSSIBLY be 13 years! That means I've been out of high school for 13 years! And 13 years since I first saw them live. They are so different now, but so the same. They are one of the best bands out there.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Sounds awesome, Kenny:):)...I'll have to download some of their stuff:):):)...

I've been listening to Clutch, Dropkick Murphys, and the Ramones all week:):):) (among other things, of course:):)...

Good to hear that second shift is going well:):)...

I'm looking forward to teaching, Kenny:):)...hopefully not long till then:):)...

Talk with you soon, I hope:):)...

Ben

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home