Sunday, July 24, 2005

Can't sleep.

It's around 1:30 am, on a Sunday morning, and I can't sleep.

It's rough working nights, because you work all week, sleeping the best you can during the day, then the weekend comes around and you try to switch gears so you can sleep with your wife at night, and what happens? You (I) can't sleep. It sucks.

Thankfully I'll be switching hours soon. Not the greatest hours mind you (2nd shift), but at least I'll be home by midnite everynite and be able to get some sleep AT NIGHT for once. I truly believe that 5 hours of sleep at night are better than 8 hours during the day.

As I said the working hours are not the best. But I'll be able to take my daughter to school and I'll be spending (hopefully) quality time with the boy at home during the day.

I will miss spending as much time with my wife (love you Nikki) and I hope that our son isn't a horrid beast for her at bedtime. That's my main fear about this change. He's a great kid, but more than a handful. I realize that I've got a short temper with him at times, but I do love him. I just really hope that this change does him good at bedtime. Maybe without me lording over him to go to sleep he'll be better able to wind down and just do it.

Nikki is more than just my wife. She's the love of my life and truly the best friend I've ever had. I couldn't make it through this world without her. She keeps me balanced, even when I'm going off the deep end about something our son has done, or something that's going on at work or on the boards I'm on online. She's there for me.

She's there to tell me to shut up and she's there to just listen if that's what I need. I'm going to miss her something terrible, since our time together is going to be cut drastically. But, she knows I love her and I know she loves me. That's all that matters.

She'll probably smack me for writing this, but oh well. It's all true.

And it's nearly 2:00 am and I keep looking at the most beautiful woman in the world to me sleep and I'm feeling a bit blue.


Gotta Go.

Kenny

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

What a great tribute to Nikki, Kenny:):)...I totally know that feeling, Kenny:):)...maybe something can work out with both your hours in the near future:):)...in the meantime:):)...I think you'll be a great department lead:):)...

Ben

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home