Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My son is out to get me.

Had a great weekend. Spent it with good friends. Had a fabulous time.
Went to a hotel here in town and spent Friday night and Saturday with them. They have two kids also, a boy and a girl, and our kids get along wonderfully. It was good fun had by all. Though, 10 minutes after getting in the pool on Friday evening my son bashed me in the head with a pool toy, giving me a nasty head wound. Yes, I did somewhat cause it. But, roughhousing isn't supposed to get the daddy hurt. Is it? I just think my son is out to get me.

Anyway, Sunday we went over to these same friends house and had dinner. We were then supposed to go shoot off fireworks outside of town with them, but it ended up storming and that got canceled.

Today, Monday the 4th, we went back to their house and had a bar-b-que and hung out with them some more. Great people, great fun.
Tonight we went to the river to watch the cities annual fireworks display. I'm not a big fan of fireworks, but I sat through them. The big fun was getting to watch and listen as a couple got in an arguement in front of us. In between fireworks explosions you could hear him yelling at her. Big fun. Nothing more American than watching a redneck idiot scream at his wife with the flash of the fireworks serving as punctuation. Brought a tear to my eye.

Gotta Go

Kenny

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Enjoy having kids, Kenny:):):)...

I want a daddy some day:):):)...

Ben

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kenny said...

Hey Candykat. Nice to see you. And no, I'm not paranoid..... why do you ask? What have you heard???? You're making me nervous.... But, I'm not paranoid.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Kenny said...

Thanks. I try.

6:47 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

Your son IS out to get you, I'm sure.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home