Thursday, July 21, 2005

Music

Not much new music is making it's way into regular rotation in my CD player. I'm not sure why. Even the new Clutch, "Robot Hive/Exodus, hasn't started being a regular play. Clutch is one of my favorite bands, but for some reason this new album isn't hitting me like their last one did. It's not that it's a bad album, it's just not nearly as good as "Blast Tyrant". "Blast Tyrant" still gets played a bunch. That album is purely amazing. If you haven't given it a listen, do.

The new Pro Pain, "Fistful Of Hate", is a great album also, but not really getting much play time. Again, not sure why. Pro Pain is a great band. One of the few that I find to be just as good on the CD as they are live. But, for some reason, this new album just isn't getting played.

What is getting played? The latest Lamb Of God, which is around a year old by now. "Ashes Of The Wake" is Lamb Of Gods greatest album so far, and my choice for greatest metal album of the past 5 years. "Blast Tyrant" by Clutch is still getting it's spins. I'm listening to a bunch of older Pantera stuff. I think this is probably my way of dealing with Dimebags death. Listen to his amazing playing and just come to terms that he's gone.

That's pretty much it for what I've been listening to. I think I'm in a rut. I think I just need to force myself to start listening to some of this new stuff. Put away the older stuff for awhile and see if one of the newer ones hits me.

Cheap therapy.

Gotta Go

Kenny

3 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

umm, and that's why you just burned a disk with a ton of old stuff???

4:23 AM  
Blogger Kenny said...

I actually put some of the newer stuff on there too. I was just looking for stuff to break me out of my rut.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

I'll definitely have to check out the Clutch and Lamb of God albums, at the very least, Kenny, when I get a chance:):)...

I think music is everyone's cheap therapy, Kenny:):):)...that's one of the more important reasons I spend so much time asking people what their musical interests are:):):)...to get insight into who they are:):)...

Ben

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home