Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's been fun.

Tonight's my last night on 3rd shift. It's been fun, I guess, what with the lack of sleep and all. But, for the most part, it's been pretty good. Most of the guys on 3rd are good guys, I just think that the collective lack of sleep leads to more misunderstandings than other shifts.

Monday afternoon I start 2nd shift. Looking forward to it. I've already pinpointed several areas that I need to work on to get 2nd shift moving a bit smoother. Having worked 3rd for awhile I've seen the affect of following a shift that is seemingly not working as smoothly as it should. Paperwork not done properly, material not staged correctly and other stuff. I've got some work ahead of me, but we'll get it done. It's all good.

It's all about getting your work done but also setting up the next shift to make the shift transition smooth.

Gotta Go

Kenny

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Right on, Kenny:):):)...

I think we've probably got the best crew in the plant, Kenny:):)...especially when we're able to take off a weekend like this one because we've been so productive during the week...I think we just sometimes take for granted what makes it run so well:):)...

I think you're right about the collective lack of sleep:):):)...and shipping is a tough crew:):):)...this is definitely not EPS:):):)...which is why I like it so much:):):)...all of our shit is out on the table:):):)...rather than really childish passive-aggressive games that get played when people can't have more open and constructive conflict...

I actually conflict can be really constructive, much of the time...it would be nice to have a world without conflict...but then not much would improve...because we'd all just be congratulating ourselves all the time about how great we're doing without trying to do things better:)...

And there's no growth without it...it's just a fact of life...and learning how to navigate it and accept it better, I think:):):)...

And the time when I best learned that lesson was when I realized that given the choice between conflict -- which is stressful, to be sure -- with a really good friend of mine...and not having that friend at all...once the latter became my only choice...I realized just how valuable the former was:):):)...it's a lesson I'll never forget, I don't think:):):)...

But that was the old me, Kenny:):):)...

The new me just keeps his mouth shut and does what he's told:):):):):)LOL:):):)...

Have a great weekend, bud:):):)...I'll see you when I come in on Sunday:):):)...

Ben

6:23 AM  
Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

...I actually THINK conflict can be constructive, Kenny:):):)...it would also be nice if I could write coherently every once in a while, Kenny:):):)...

Ben

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home