Thursday, July 28, 2005

What A Wonderful World

Got off work this morning, had a kinda crappy night, and I got in the truck and this song was next in line on my CD.



What A Wonderful World

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderul world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world


Not the Louis Amstrong version, which I love, but a versoion that I think is just as strong. It's the version by Joey Ramone.

Joey Ramone covered this song on his last album called "Don't Worry About Me". He recorded this album while he was dying from cancer. I believe that it is one of his best albums ever. He knew he was dying, yet he put out a very positive album, very full of life and very moving. Especially this song. I think he made a very good choice in covering this song. It lets everyone know that he had come to terms with the end of his life and that he could just look around at the beauty that filled it.

Great song. I recommend anyone to find it. Download it, buy it. Just find it. It's great.

Gotta Go

Kenny





1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

I'm downloading it right now, Kenny:):)...Great song:):)...

That was Brandi's and my song, I didn't tell you the night you told me that story, Kenny:):)...you had me thinking about it all night...

I've got Louis' 1970 version at home that he sung right before he died...he says...

"Some of you young folks been saying to me...'Hey pops...what you mean what a wonderful world?...how about them wars all over the place?...You call them wonderful?...and how 'bout hunger and pollution?...that ain't so wonderful either'

Well, how about listening to old pops for a minute...seems to me, it ain't the world that's so bad...but what we're doin' to it...and all I'm saying is see what a wonderful world it would be if only we'd give it a chance...

Love, baby, love...that's the secret...yeah...

If lot's more of us loved each other...we'd solve lots more problems...and man...this world would be Odessa...

And that's why ol' pops keeps sayin'...

I see trees of green...
Red roses too...

Louis also did a cover of John Lennon's Give Peace a Chance on the last album before he died...amidst the Vietnam War, of course:)...it's a great cover:):):)...but I definitely recommend that 1970 version of What a Wonderful World:):):)...

Ben

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home