Sunday, August 28, 2005

This town.

I saw something today that really made me realize that I live in a great town.

While driving through town today I saw a young man. Fairly nondescript. Short hair, goatee, black wife beater and jeans. Walking with a bit of a strut. Could have been anyone. But, here's where it gets interesting. He was carrying a pair of purple and black butterfly wings in one hand. These were very elaborate wings. They had silver metal things all over it. As if it had been bedazzled. Very interesting.

Nowhere else in Kansas will you see a young man walking down the main street in town carrying a pair of butterfly wings.

Now, he was obviously trying real hard at looking as badass as possible. His strut was very pronounced. He looked like someone who wouldn't take any shit. But, dude, you're carrying butterfly wings. Why? I would really like to know. Not to belittle you for it. It's just really bugging me why a grown man would feel the need to walk through town with them.

Maybe I'm just being shallow. Allowing my prejudices to shine through. But...... Nahhh... It was silly. But at the same time gave me another reason to love this town.

You go, you badass butterfly wing carrying dude. You rock.

I hope you got where you were going and the wings got put to whatever use they were meant for.

Gotta Go

Kenny

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

That's awesome, Kenny:):):)...that's why I love this town, too:):):)...

Ben

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home