Sunday, August 14, 2005

Song Titles.....

Alright, I guess I better make a post of PROPER song titles for Clutch songs. Nothing bothers me more than people referring to Clutch songs by the wrong titles. :)

Anyway, here's a list of some, only some, of Clutch's best songs, (properly titled, of course). This'll be a kinda best of list for anyone wanting to check them out for themselves.


Off the Wicker EP:
Wicker

Off of their Impetus EP:
Pile Driver
Passive Restraints

Off of their Transnational Speedway League CD:
A Shogun Named Marcus
El Jefe Speaks
Binge And Purge
12 Ounce Epilogue
Milk Of Human Kindness
Walking In The Great Shining Path Of Monster Trucks

Off of their Clutch CD:
Big News I
Big News II
Rock N Roll Outlaw
Texan Book Of The Dead
Escape From The Prison Planet
Spacegrass <---my daughters favorite
I Have The Body Of John Wilkes Booth
Tight Like That
Animal Farm
Droid
The House That Peterbilt
7 Jam
Tim Sult vs. The Greys

Off of their Elephant Riders CD:
The Elephant Riders
Ship Of Gold
Eight Times Over Miss October
The Soapmakers
Muchas Veces
Green Buckets
Wishbone

Off of their Jam Room CD:
Who Wants To Rock
Big Fat Pig
One Eye Dollar
Raised By Horses
Release The Kraken

Off of their Pure Rock Fury CD:
American Sleep
Pure Rock Fury
Open Up The Border
Careful With That Mic
Great Outdoors
Smoke Banshee
Immortal
Drink To The Dead

Off of their Slow Hole To China: Rare And Unreleased CD:
Slow Hole To China
Nickel Dime
Sea Of Destruction
Rising Son
Willie Nelson
Day Of The Jackalope

Off of their Blast Tyrant CD:
Mercury
Profits Of Doom
The Mob Goes Wild <--- another of my daughters favorites.
Cypress Grove
Promoter
Regulator
Worm Drink
Army Of Bono
Spleen Merchant
Swollen Goat
Subtle Hustle
Ghost
La Curandera
English Pounds

Off of their Robot Hive/Exodus CD:
The Incomparable Mr. Flannery
Burning Beard
Gullah
Never Be Moved
10001110101
Circus Maximus
10,000 Witnesses
Land Of Pleasant Living
Gravel Road

I told you a take Clutch VERY seriously. Anyway, all of these songs are great, in my opinion. Any of them would be a good start to see what Clutch is about. The best full album is Blast Tyrant, no question. Close second is their self titled Clutch album.

Also, for the lyrics to these songs, go to: Clutch Lyrics That's the lyrics page of the Clutch website. Check it out. It's one of the best band websites I've seen. They have videos, live videos, live music, fan artwork, fan tattoos, tour info, etc. Great site.

So, this has been a long ass post. Check out these songs, if you like them, buy the albums they came off of. If you don't like them, that's fine, I'll keep Clutch as MY BAND.

Gotta Go.

Kenny

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Right on, Kenny:):)...

I'll have to check out Blast Tyrant and Clutch, when I get a chance:):)...

Hope everything's going well, bud:):)...

Ben

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kenny said...

I really recommend going to their site and checking out the lyrics. It'll give you a bit more of an understanding of the madness that is Neil Falon, singer for Clutch.

He writes some pretty wacked out stuff. The reason I like their stuff is that the songs have a literary quality to them. Each song, if you can understand the lyrics, tells a pretty complete story. Some of which are funny, some of which can be political, some of them are historical with a twist, alot of which are just downright strange.

Do listen. I think if you understand the lyrics you can like them. If not that's fine too. As I said, I'm more than happy keeping them as MY band.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Right on, Kenny:)...

I actually read the lyrics to Army of Bono while I was listening to it...and I totally agree:)...it's this strange mix of politics and poetry:):)...and I like a harder sound:):)...always makes me think of watching live bands in bars:):)...

Talk with you soon, bud:)...

Ben

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home