Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why not sue the band too while you're at it.

Terrible injury Same terrible injury


OK. Let's get this out in the open first. I feel bad about this guys injury. I hate to see anyone get hurt. It sucks, plain and simple.


BUT!!!!! It's NOT the venues fault.

If you must play the blame game, I think the blame can be equally shared by the fucknut who bashed him, and the victim himself.

Don't sit there with your mouths open shaking your heads. Yes, I said the victim was to blame too.

How? I'm assuming you're asking, how is the victim to blame? Or, maybe I'm assuming someone may actually be reading this. But, anyway, on with my puny thoughts.

Yes, he is to blame. He went to this concert. This concert featured a couple of high energy bands, 311 and Papa Roach. He decided to go onto the floor. What was he thinking? Has he never been to a concert? Has he never seen a concert on tv? Never seen a rock video? Well, maybe not. MTV doesn't show a whole lot of videos, let alone rock ones.

Damn dude. These types of shows invariably have pits at them. People go nuts. If you don't think you can hang, don't go on the floor. It's pretty simple.

I've been to a lot of shows. I always go in the pit. And, yes, I've been hurt. But, I understand the danger. I've never been hurt as bad as this guy, but it could happen. The thing, though, that keeps me safer then this guy is, I pay attention to my surroundings. I become aware of who the idiots are and try and avoid them.

I've also ran into several people who didn't belong in the pit. Invariably they are the ones who get hurt.

So, anyway, there's no reason to sue the venue. It's truly not their fault. Could they have done more to help a paying customer? Sure. Still doesn't mean they are to blame.

This guy just needs to realize that in life you're gonna take some lumps. Unfortunately for him, he took a pretty bad one this time. Hopefully he has gained some wisdom from it.

Gotta Go

Kenny

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Right on the money, Kenny:):):)...

I totally agree...

You go into a pit...and you don't expect to get hurt...you pick yourself back up...and you don't go in one again...or you do...if you want to have fun and daring enough:):)...

What an asshole:):):)...

Nice post, Kenny:):)...

You guys have to work overtime this weekend?...we go in 4 hours early tonight, in lieu of working an 8 hour shift, yesterday:):)...

Ben

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home