Sunday, September 25, 2005

This really sucks.

I know it's not earth shattering. It's not going to make a difference in the lives of anyone, really. Except mine, of course. But then again I live for music, and the bands that I grew up on and love, mean a lot to me.

So, that's why it really bothered me when I got the news that John Bush has basically decided that his time with Anthrax is over. Dammit this sucks. I've seen Anthrax at least 4 times with John, once with original singer Joey Belladonna. John was the better singer and performer.

Anyway, this all stems from the decision by the rest of the band to get the old lineup back together for a 20th anniversary tour. I had no real problem with that, I probably would have gone to see them if they had come here, but now it's broke up the band that was still putting out some great music. Their last album with John was great. They have really not put out anything bad, ever. But, for whatever reason, here in the past few years, they haven't been selling very many albums.

So basically, this all comes down to money. Anthrax has decided that there is more money to be made by reforming the money making machine they once had, for one more shot at the brass ring. Well, that's to bad. I really thought they had more integrity than that.

Well, unfortunately, the sucker that I am, I'll probably still buy whatever music they may put out in the future. But, it'll never be the same.

Gotta Go

Kenny

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

That does suck, dude...

I guess lots of people want to become rock stars to make money and be...rock stars:)...maybe the integrity of the music just wasn't doing it for them, anymore...

A lot of times, though, when a band isn't going the way that a member wants it to go...the solo project can be better than the original band...

I think Lennon did his best stuff solo...even though I didn't like seeing the Beatles break up...Annie Lennox was better, generally, in my view, than the Eurythmics...and I like Eric Clapton's solo stuff better than most of his band work...I like the Police and Genesis a lot...but Sting's and Peter Gabriel's solo careers were pretty awesome, I think:):)...

I don't know if you like any of those bands enough for that idea to hold any water with you, Kenny:):)...but there's always hope:):)...

Hope you had a good weekend off, Kenny:):)...

I'll talk with you later, bud:):)...

Ben

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home