Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to everyone out there, mother or not.

My own mom passed away a little over 4 years ago, I miss her every single day. I wish she was here to see how the kids are growing up. I wish she were here so I could tell her I love her just one more time. Something I didn't tell her nearly enough while she was here. For better or worse she made me who I am today by allowing me to be myself while I was growing up. She allowed me to make mistakes without being judgemental, something I need to learn with my own kids sometimes. I don't know how she did it raising the four kids she did, three boys and one girl, without going crazy at times. She had the patience of a saint, something else I need to learn, that's for sure.

So, this is for you Mom, I Love You. Something I'm sure you knew, but it never hurts to say.


Now that I've depressed you, let's move on to the other very important Mom in my life. The mom to my kids.

Nikki, I Love You. Just like my mom you've put up with a lot of my, how should I put this, idiosyncracies. No matter how trying I may be, and yes I'm trying at times, I'm aware of this, you keep on sticking with me.

You are the love of my life, I wouldn't be who I am without you. It may sound cheesy but you make me whole. My life wouldn't be nearly as good without you in it.

So, just so you know it Nikki, I LOVE YOU. More than any mere words could say. My love for you is something that, no matter where this life has taken us or will take us, will not fade.

Love ya lots Nikki.

Have a great day.

That goes for all the Moms out there.

Gotta Go

Kenny

2 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

By the way, even though this is the second time I read this, I cried. You know I cry all the time though. Lots of love to you too.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

What a great mother's day wish, Kenny:)...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, bud...both my mom and my stepmom are still around and I take that for granted, I know...Happy Mother's Day to your mom, Kenny...

Talk with you later, bud...

Ben

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home