Saturday, May 26, 2007

Less than 24 hours... another post.... holy crap

Kids are in Iowa this weekend with their Meemaw and P-paw. Nikki and I are going to her 15 year highschool reunion. While there we're visiting my brothers for a bit. Might be coming back home late tonight. Don't know right now.

Last year was my 2oth high school reunion, I didn't go. I haven't been to any of mine. I'm one of those people that doesn't look back on his high school years with fondness. I wasn't picked on really. It was just like now, I'm pretty much indifferent when it comes to most people. I don't feel a need to see those people again and relive the "good ol' days". It's just not me.

I've got no real plans to ever go to mine. Am I anti-social? Yeah, probably. I actually had a very brief conversation with a classmate of mine around our 10th reunion.

I just happened to be in my hometown that year, totally unaware of the reunion going on, and I was in the Wal-Mart when he walked up. He was like: "Kenny, you going to the reunion tonight?" Me: "No" Him: "Why not? You not like us?" All the while with a big grin on his face. Me: "Not really" Him: as smile melts. "Oh. Well I'll see you around." Now, was that a bit cold? Yeah. But, oh well. That's just how I felt. I don't actually not like them. I'm just basically indifferent. They were part of my life for a few years. I wasn't really one of "them". I couldn't care less now. Oh well.

Gotta go.

Kenny

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Sutherland said...

Damn Kenny:):). You seem fairly nice around Amarr. Although I feel kind of anti-social all the time, so I understand.

I haven't been to any reunions, either. I want to. But I haven't known about any of them, in time, and it hasn't been my number one priority.

Hope everything's going well. That kid I worked with really appreciated that information. He and I shared all kinds of stuff around music all year. He's been reading Johnny Cash's autobiography, Cash, and his family rented Walk the Line for him the watch. I thought it was a great way to practice his reading about something he liked and cared about.

Hope life's going well, Kenny. I'll talk with you soon:).

Ben

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home